What is Corporate Responsibility
Corporate social responsibility is a type of international private business self-regulation that aims to contribute to societal goals of a philanthropic, activist, or charitable nature by engaging in or supporting volunteering or ethically-oriented practices. These can include but are not limited to gender equality, being involved in community groups, fund raising and recognition that we are custodians of our land and environment, through this we can drive social responsibility and change.
How we make a difference at Mepstead Lawyers
We believe that when it comes to corporate and social responsibility – like law its about the little things, If you look after the little things then the big things will look after themselves. So how we make a difference is through the small things like:
Sponsorship – Community Activities and Events
- Sponsorship -Child Fund;
- Sponsorship – Bunyip Rodeo;
- Sponsorship – Drouin Speedway;
- Sponsorship -Riding For the Disabled (RDA);
- Sponsorship – Various community groups such as Bowls clubs and Junior netball and football in our area; and
- Sponsorship – Dusa Ceningan Bali Indonesia – dog sterilisation and feeding programme;
Equality and Diversity
- Office – recognition and acknowledgement that all people are equal and respecting religious and personal freedoms;
- Office – recognising that we are custodians of our Planet;
- Staffing – almost 60 percent of our staff are female;
- Staffing – 23% of our staff were born outside Australia;
- Staffing – 100% of staff work flexible hours; and
- Staffing – Family friendly hours and working environment.
- Think before you print;
- Limit and recycle office waste;
- Use recycled materials where possible;
- Green Energy;
- Carbon Credits/off set for travel
- Office – Participate in Community groups and functions;
- Office – Pro Bono legal work with other stake holders in the Criminal Justice System;
- Staff – paid leave to participate;
- Staff – paid and unpaid leave to participate in Community Groups and other activities such as Army Reserve and community activities
By supporting our firm by retaining our goods and services you assist us in helping the community Ask yourself what little things could you change or influence to make the world we live in a better place both for us and for our children and grandchildren?
Request a Free 30 minute Family Law Consultation
Andrews Legal Group which currently comprises four (4) offices located at Berwick (Berwick Legal), Pakenham, Drouin, and Yarra Junction (Mepstead Lawyers) in the South East of Melbourne.